Wednesday 2 December 2020

What Became of Burton's ?

 

In the 1960 s and 70 s I used to buy suits from Burton's. They measured me and after a while I would be summoned for a fitting. The clothes fitted, lasted for a good while, and were not particularly expensive, but then Burton's shops seemed to disappear. I don't recall seeing one in the last thirty years. I thought the company had faded away until I saw the news of the collapse of the Arcadia group, which apparently owned Burton's. Where was the company hiding in the years since I last patronised it?



1 comment :

Frank Little said...

Largely as concessions within Debenhams group stores, as I understand it. JD pulling out of the rescue of the latter ensured the demise of Arcadia, which included other brands beside Burton which depended on that concession space.