Saturday 29 August 2020

Infuriated by Microsoft

 

When I logged on to my computer after the last update to Windows 10 the screen was filled with a Microsoft Edge window, with buttons telling me where to put files of various sorts, and an incitement to explore the alleged wonders of a new version of Edge.

The buttons that ought to have closed or minimised the Edge window had been disabled, and I had to resort to summoning Task Manager with ALT&Ctrl&Delete to close the offending disutility.

I find Microsoft's tendency to try to tell me how to organise material particularly infuriating. I have devised a filing system that arranges material where I can find it easily. When I get a new computer I copy the accumulated material onto it and I don't want any interference, yet still the operating system tries to put downloaded files to places where I can't find them.






No comments :