Saturday 29 September 2018

Mixed Blessing



A few years ago I was delighted at the prospect of having bills, statements, and similarly boring material delivered electronically. I hadn't thought through the full implications.

I'd imagined it would be like receiving email, which can be skimmed through and then filed very easily.

Of course email is not secure, so I don't receive bills and statements by email. Instead I get emails telling me there's a message on line. I then have to log on to the relevant site, using the password so secure it's hard to remember, navigate through a site to find messages, and then work out which of the vast collection of messages I haven't already read.


1 comment :

Sasha said...

I have to confess that, after a brief dalliance with e-billing, I've requested a return to old-fashioned paper bills which I can file and which are easy to find when needed.