Wednesday 30 March 2016

Suffering in instalmants


Putting the clocks forward an hour has always left me disorientated for a week or more after the event. This year I tried making the change in instalments. I changed the time my alarm clock wakes me in the morning in four instalments of around a quarter of an hour each, and have come through the change quite well.

I can only get away with that because I've retired. I suspect that offices, schools and  other places where people work would find it hard to do anything so sensible. I conclude that most people's lives are far too organised.



1 comment :

Sasha said...

I do so agree. I think this messing about with the time is ridiculous and disorientating. Hasn't it been generally accepted that it's a foolish idea? If so, why on earth does it persist?