Sunday 20 April 2008

Yesterday I used one of those DIY business card kits to print some cards giving my email address and the URLs for this blog and for my website. If I carry a few about with me it may help me avoid the operation of writing them down, doubly hazardous because my email address is the only one of the three I can be relied on to remember.

How often I shall use the cards remains to be seen. There was a previous edition that predated this blog and gave only web site and email address, and I've used only one of those, giving it to my friendly butcher who spends quite a lot of is pare time seeking strange facts on the web.

A recent gastronomic adventure was eating vegetables Bolognese, consuming Bolognese sauce with assorted vegetables instead of Pasta.

It's strange how we get wedded to conventional associations of food. It took me many years to get round to eating conveniently-shaped-pasta Bolognese instead of ridiculous spaghetti, a commodity that seems designed to discomfort those of us who have beards, but it only recently occurred to me to eliminate pasta altogether., in favour of vegetables with less carbohydrate. A mixture of carrots, parsnips and calabrese went very well with some of my home made Bolognese sauce - I vary the standard recipes by adding red wine and pureed chicken livers.

No comments :