Thursday 12 December 2019

My Sixteenth General Election


There have been sixteen General Elections in which I've been eligible to vote, and I've voted in every one.

Since moving to the present house nearly five years ago I've voted eight times for one thing or another, three times in General Elections, twice in District Council elections, once each in a European election, a County Council election and in the European referendum.

I've only once missed an election, that was a County Council bye election in Lincolnshire, held while I was away on holiday. In those days being on holiday was not a valid ground for having a postal vote, but as the contest was between two independents I didn't know, and neither of whom produced an election address it would have been hard for me to choose.


No comments :