Monday 24 October 2011

Changing a Light Bulb in Leicester

I've been using long life bulbs for about 20 years, but notice that we are now discouraged from putting spent bulbs in the dustbin.

In Leicester we are offered a choice of two Community Recycling Centres.

One is near Freemen's Common (misspelt as 'Freemans Common' on the Council Leaflet) which is two bus journeys away from me. The other is on Bridge Road. I might be lucky there because there's a Bridge round about a mile from my house. On the other hand I might be unlucky; the other Bridge Road is about 4 miles and two bus journeys away.

Whichever Bridge Road it is, most people in Leicester could not get to either recycling centre in fewer than two bus journeys.

I wonder how many dispose of their light bulbs in the manner recommended

No comments :