Monday 13 October 2008

Obsessions

I've decided to explain the increased activity here during the last month or so.

Once I’d started this blog, I found I frequently thought of something I wanted to say, only to forget it when the time came to publish, so I started to make a list of all bloggable thoughts as soon as they occurred to me, and that soon generated quite a long list. I turned out that most of them were not new thoughts, but bees that have been buzzing round my bonnet for years.

Many such obsessions had already been incorporated in my Philosophy notes, and others at various places on my web site, but there was a residue either nowhere written down or just scribbled on pieces of paper in some long neglected file, and it is such thoughts that make up most the material posted here during the last six weeks. The backlog has now been cleared. Possibly one or two old obsessions long buried in my psyche have still to surface, but I expect that henceforth most blogs will either be topical, or elaborations on earlier posts.

No comments :